Saturday, March 15, 2008

Rented my gear today!







I headed into the city this afternoon to my LDS to try out and reserve my rental gear for my trip to Turks and Caicos. I'm leaving in 3 weeks. I own most of my gear, but haven't purchased the BC, reg or computer yet. So, that's what I rented. And the cool part of it ... whatever I spend on rental is allowed to be used towards the purchase of the same type of gear (i.e., if I rent a few different BC's over time, I can use the money spent on all those rentals towards the purchase of a BC of my own) up to 30% of the sale price! So if I end up buying a $600 BC, it will only cost me $400!!






While I was there, I also looked into their Dry Suit Cert class. I will do that after I get back from T&C. Although I will look into other courses offered around the NYC area before deciding on who to go with. So, anyway, I am excited that I'll have everything I need to dive with (although, I will need to borrow (or rent) a compass.)






Now if these next three weeks will just go quick!!!!!

No comments: